Thursday, December 11, 2014

Scarlet

Title: Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles book 2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Release Date: February 5, 2013





What I liked: I have to say that I enjoyed Scarlet more than I did Cinder. Scarlet is a loose retelling of Little Red Riding Hood and follows the adventures of the new characters Scarlet and Wolf, while still keeping us up to date with everyone from Cinder. Scarlet kept me turning the pages and I didn't see any of the major plots twists coming like I when I had read Cinder. There is a lot more action with this novel which I enjoyed and Scarlet is the type of girl who can handle her own when it came down to it. I also enjoyed Wolf just as much even with him being a silent kind of guy who despite his past does want to help Scarlet find her grandmother. 

What I didn't: There wasn't much I didn't enjoy about the book but one thing that I couldn't get into was Scarlet and Wolf and their relationship with acting how they wanted to be together and they would have but Wolf and his past kept getting in the way and I feel caused a bit of unnecessary drama between the two.

Overall Rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment