Thursday, January 29, 2015

To Judge a Cover - Daughter of Smoke and Bone

So we've all heard it before. Never judge a book by its cover. A lot of us are also equally guilty of doing just that. I know that I do (a lot), so that's what I'm going to do. I'm choosing a book and judging the cover; and whether or not I would buy the book based on the cover alone. So I'm judging this book's cover right here:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor 

 Breaking this down: I LOVE the mask! It's the only spot of color on the cover and it just drew my attention straight to the book the first time I saw it. The shade of blue is also how I imagined Karou's hair to look in the book. The rest of the cover being black and white, I feel gives it a mysterious vibe as to what lays beneath. Next that font; oh that font! It's both classy and rugged looking; in a way that it shows; I feel; that the book has many themes to it which is what I loved to begin with.

Final Decision: Yes I would buy this book for the cover alone. Thankfully I read it first and knew I liked it but even if I hadn't I would have bought it for the cover.

So what are your thoughts on the cover? Would you buy it based solely on the cover? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment