Monday, March 30, 2015

Book Review - Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date: December 2, 2010

Rating: 5/5 Stars


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


I remember seeing all the hype on Twitter the closer we got to Isla's release date and the #MatchMyIsla that was going on and discovering that Isla was the last book in the series, I didn't think I would ever end up reading this series. Well one thing led to another and I ended up getting Lola one day at a bargain outlet and I didn't want to read Lola until I had managed to read Anna. Thankfully I have some amazing friends and I received both Anna and Isla as birthday presents. So started my journey into Stephanie Perkin's world of Anna and the French Kiss.

Now I understand the hype over Isla at the time. This book was wonderfully written and all the feels and joy I got out of reading Anna. I managed to read this book in less than 12 hours because I couldn't put it down. The entire cast of characters that was created were true to how teenagers are, well except not many get to spend their high school years in Paris at a boarding school. Anna was probably one of my all time favorite female characters that I've ever had a chance to read about. Etienne is so sweet and endearing and I loved his slang and the fact he is a short guy and wasn't the stereotypical guy found in YA books.

The world that Stephanie Perkins created within SOAP (School of America in Paris) is truly a magical one and one that I couldn't wait to read again and again. The romance, the setting, the mistakes, the attitudes and all that is amazing. This is one of the books that hooked me into the world of contemporary novels.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for deleting the last comment! Emoji was all wrong! I really love this series! Great review;)))))

    ReplyDelete