Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review - Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks Series #1)
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Publisher: SourceBooks Fire
Release Date: December 1, 2011
Format: Paperback 
Rating 4/5 Stars


ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

High school football, high school seniors, some amazing universities, a quirky cast of characters, romance, comedy, and some heartfelt moments made Catching Jordan a quick read that I enjoyed.

Starting off with that cast of characters who kept me turning the pages. Jordan Woods is unlike any MC I've read about before. Over 6 feet tall and the star quarterback of her high school football team, right there I knew this would be different. Enter her best friend; Sam Henry; who is also on the football team and is funny and downright charming. Ty Green is something else entirely with his looks and being QB as well. These 3 right here were totally fun to follow and I learned so much and could relive some memories of high school through them. The whole of the supporting characters and even minor characters were great additions and their roles were interesting.

I loved being able to watch Jordan go from just being of the boys and discovering that not all girls are entirely like the cheerleaders that she doesn't like. *cough Marie and Carrie cough* Those two supporting girls were probably some of my favorite characters because Marie knows about football and I call that a bonus for me and Carrie is just so sweet and both were there for Jordan. You go girls!

Ah the romance combined with the comedy kept me laughing and smiling throughout the course of the book. Managing to combine both is something I didn't know was possible. I have a habit of talking out loud while I'm reading if there's something that I find great happening and I did a lot of talking. So kudos for making me do that. The romance was nicely worked into the book and I didn't know how the book was going to end for a while, it kept me guessing. Didn't end like I thought it would have either. Little confusing right there I know but to figure out what I'm talking about you need to get this book right now. I even made it easy for you, I left links to purchase it ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment