Sunday, July 5, 2015

Book Review - On Solid Ground - Melissa Collins

Title: On Solid Ground
Author: Melissa Collins
Publisher: M.Collins
Release Date: January 13, 2015
Genre: Adult, Romance, LGBT

Format: Kindle
Rating: 5/5 
Amazon

When Jacob “Dax” Daxton returns home from war, he has to fight a new battle – the one to find his place in the world. The man who normally has a clear path to victory surrounded by brothers in combat is suddenly lost and alone. After meeting Beckett Ridge, a bearded tattoo artist, Dax’s journey begins winding down an unexpected path.

Still reeling from events that shook his foundation, Beck has never been part of anything meaningful. Now faced with responsibilities foreign and daunting, Dax’s broken spirit mends Beck in ways he never even knew he was destroyed.

As both struggle to find balance, they are healed by the comfort they find in one other. On the other side of chaos, they hope to find themselves On Solid Ground.
Thoughts: 

Holy wow! This book totally blew me out of the water so to speak. Both Dax and Beck are complex men and both have had pasts that hit me hard, especially when we see them in the present day and how they are. Dax having been in the army and is now back home, he suffers from PTSD and this was portrayed pretty well. Beck on the other hand has a lot of his own problems, including a sister in rehab and a niece who is under his watch. The chemistry between these two men is also some of the best I've encountered while reading. They just seem to mesh together so well and their relationship is one in which is completely believable and doesn't hurt that they seem to actually care deeply for one another despite everything going on in their lives.

The entirety of the plot was just as amazing as these two men are. The insight from both of them and their back stories was wonderfully written and gave so much and made me feel so much more for them and the struggles they were facing. All the way through the ending it kept me going from page to page and by the time that I finished the book I was crying.

There are messages hidden within this entire book and some very important messages they are. Everything about this novel was powerful and explosive and I didn't think a romance novel could do something like this. I may have picked this book on a whim and I am so glad that I did. This book has left an ever lasting impression on me and I won't forget about it anytime soon. May have just become one of my favorite romance novels of all time. I will definitely be reading some more of Melissa's works as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment